This article about Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading Has Come From was uploaded on November 8, 2017 at 5:49 am. This image is published in the Floor category. Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading Has Come From is labelled with Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading Has Come From, Evidence, For, Sea, Floor, Spreading, Has, Come, From..
Evidenceev•i•dence (ev′i dəns),USA pronunciation n., v., -denced, -denc•ing.
- that which tends to prove or disprove something;
ground for belief;
- something that makes plain or clear;
an indication or sign: His flushed look was visible evidence of his fever.
- data presented to a court or jury in proof of the facts in issue and which may include the testimony of witnesses, records, documents, or objects.
- in evidence, plainly visible;
conspicuous: The first signs of spring are in evidence.
- to make evident or clear;
manifest: He evidenced his approval by promising his full support.
- to support by evidence: He evidenced his accusation with incriminating letters.
Forfor (fôr; unstressed fər),USA pronunciation prep.
- with the object or purpose of: to run for exercise.
- intended to belong to, or be used in connection with: equipment for the army; a closet for dishes.
- suiting the purposes or needs of: medicine for the aged.
- in order to obtain, gain, or acquire: a suit for alimony; to work for wages.
- (used to express a wish, as of something to be experienced or obtained): O, for a cold drink!
- sensitive or responsive to: an eye for beauty.
- desirous of: a longing for something; a taste for fancy clothes.
- in consideration or payment of;
in return for: three for a dollar; to be thanked for one's efforts.
- appropriate or adapted to: a subject for speculation; clothes for winter.
- with regard or respect to: pressed for time; too warm for April.
- during the continuance of: for a long time.
- in favor of;
on the side of: to be for honest government.
- in place of;
instead of: a substitute for butter.
- in the interest of;
on behalf of: to act for a client.
- in exchange for;
as an offset to: blow for blow; money for goods.
- in punishment of: payment for the crime.
- in honor of: to give a dinner for a person.
- with the purpose of reaching: to start for London.
- contributive to: for the advantage of everybody.
- in order to save: to flee for one's life.
- in order to become: to train recruits for soldiers.
- in assignment or attribution to: an appointment for the afternoon; That's for you to decide.
- such as to allow of or to require: too many for separate mention.
- such as results in: his reason for going.
- as affecting the interests or circumstances of: bad for one's health.
- in proportion or with reference to: He is tall for his age.
- in the character of;
as being: to know a thing for a fact.
- by reason of;
because of: to shout for joy; a city famed for its beauty.
- in spite of: He's a decent guy for all that.
- to the extent or amount of: to walk for a mile.
- (used to introduce a subject in an infinitive phrase): It's time for me to go.
- (used to indicate the number of successes out of a specified number of attempts): The batter was 2 for 4 in the game.
- for it, See in (def. 21).
- seeing that;
Seasea (sē),USA pronunciation n.
- the salt waters that cover the greater part of the earth's surface.
- a division of these waters, of considerable extent, more or less definitely marked off by land boundaries: the North Sea.
- one of the seven seas;
- a large lake or landlocked body of water.
- the degree or amount of turbulence of the ocean or other body of water, as caused by the wind.
- the waves.
- a large wave: The heavy seas almost drowned us.
- a widely extended, copious, or overwhelming quantity: a sea of faces; a sea of troubles.
- the work, travel, and shipboard life of a sailor: The sea is a hard life but a rewarding one.
- at sea:
- on the ocean.
uncertain: completely at sea as to how to answer the question.Also, asea.
- follow the sea, to pursue a nautical career: Many boys then dreamed of following the sea.
- go to sea:
- to set out on a voyage.
- to embark on a nautical career.
- half seas over, [Slang.]partly or completely drunk: They came home at dawn, looking half seas over.Also, half-seas over.
- put to sea, to embark on a sea voyage: The expedition is nearly ready to put to sea.Also, put out to sea.
- of, pertaining to, or adapted for use at sea.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
Spreadingspread (spred),USA pronunciation v., spread, spread•ing, n., adj.
- to draw, stretch, or open out, esp. over a flat surface, as something rolled or folded (often fol. by out).
- to stretch out or unfurl in the air, as folded wings, a flag, etc. (often fol. by out).
- to distribute over a greater or a relatively great area of space or time (often fol. by out): to spread out the papers on the table.
- to display or exhibit the full extent of;
set out in full: He spread the pots on the ground and started hawking his wares.
- to dispose or distribute in a sheet or layer: to spread hay to dry.
- to apply in a thin layer or coating: to spread butter on a slice of bread.
- to overlay or cover with something: She spread the blanket over her knees.
- to set or prepare (a table), as for a meal.
- to extend or distribute over a region, place, period of time, among a group, etc.
- to send out, scatter, or shed in various directions, as sound, light, etc.
- to scatter abroad;
diffuse or disseminate, as knowledge, news, disease, etc.: to spread the word of the gospel.
- to move or force apart: He spread his arms over his head in surrender.
- to flatten out: to spread the end of a rivet by hammering.
- to extend the aperture between (the lips) laterally, so as to reduce it vertically, during an utterance.
- to delabialize. Cf. round (def. 57c), unround.
- to become stretched out or extended, as a flag in the wind;
expand, as in growth.
- to extend over a greater or a considerable area or period: The factory spread along the river front.
- to be or lie outspread or fully extended or displayed, as a landscape or scene.
- to admit of being spread or applied in a thin layer, as a soft substance: Margarine spreads easily.
- to become extended or distributed over a region, as population, animals, plants, etc.
- to become shed abroad, diffused, or disseminated, as light, influences, rumors, ideas, infection, etc.
- to be forced apart, as the rails of a railroad track;
- spread oneself thin, to carry on so many projects simultaneously that none is done adequately, or that one's health suffers: Many college students spread themselves thin by taking on too many activities during the semester.
- an act or instance of spreading: With a spread of her arms the actress acknowledged the applause.
- expansion, extension, or diffusion: the spread of consumerism.
- the extent of spreading: to measure the spread of branches.
- the difference between the prices bid and asked of stock or a commodity for a given time.
- a type of straddle in which the call price is placed above and the put price is placed below the current market quotation.
- the difference between any two prices or rates for related costs: the widening spread between lending and borrowing costs.
- [Stock Exchange.]a broker's profit or the difference between his or her buying and selling price.
- any difference between return on assets and costs of liabilities.
- capacity for spreading: the spread of an elastic material.
- a distance or range, as between two points or dates: The long-distance movers planned a five-day spread between pickup and delivery.
- a stretch, expanse, or extent of something: a spread of timber.
- a cloth covering for a bed, table, or the like, esp. a bedspread.
- an abundance of food set out on a table;
- any food preparation for spreading on bread, crackers, etc., as jam or peanut butter.
- Also called layout. (in newspapers and magazines) an extensive, varied treatment of a subject, consisting primarily either of a number of cuts (picture spread) or of a major story and several supplementary stories, usually extending across three or more columns. Cf. double truck.
- an advertisement, photograph, article, or the like, covering several columns, a full page, or two facing pages of a newspaper, magazine, book, etc.: a full-page spread; a two-page spread.
- two facing pages, as of a newspaper, magazine, or book.
- landed property, as a farm or ranch.
- lay1 (def. 64).
- See point spread.
- (of a gem) cut with the table too large and the crown too shallow for maximum brilliance;
- (of the opening between the lips) extended laterally. Cf. rounded (def. 2), unrounded.
Hashas (haz; unstressed həz, əz),USA pronunciation v.
- a 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of have.
Comecome (kum),USA pronunciation v., came, come, com•ing, n.
- to approach or move toward a particular person or place: Come here. Don't come any closer!
- to arrive by movement or in the course of progress: The train from Boston is coming.
- to approach or arrive in time, in succession, etc.: Christmas comes once a year. I'll come to your question next.
- to move into view;
- to extend;
reach: The dress comes to her knees.
- to take place;
happen: Success comes to those who strive.
- to occur at a certain point, position, etc.: Tuesday comes after Monday. Her aria comes in the third act.
- to be available, produced, offered, etc.: Toothpaste comes in a tube.
- to occur to the mind: The idea just came to me.
- to befall: They promised no harm would come to us.
- to issue;
be derived: Peaches come from trees. Good results do not come from careless work.
- to arrive or appear as a result: This comes of carelessness.
- to enter or be brought into a specified state or condition: to come into popular use.
- to do or manage;
fare: She's coming along well with her work.
- to enter into being or existence;
be born: The baby came at dawn.
- to have been a resident or to be a native of (usually fol. by from): She comes from Florida.
- to become: His shoes came untied.
- to seem to become: His fears made the menacing statues come alive. The work will come easy with a little practice.
- (used in the imperative to call attention or to express impatience, anger, remonstrance, etc.): Come, that will do!
- to germinate, as grain.
- [Informal.]to have an orgasm.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to do;
- [Informal.]to play the part of: to come the grande dame.
- come about:
- to come to pass;
- [Naut.]to tack.
- come across:
- Also, come upon. to find or encounter, esp. by chance: I came across this picture when I was cleaning out the attic. We suddenly came upon a deer while walking in the woods.
- [Informal.]to make good one's promise, as to pay a debt, do what is expected, etc.: to come across with the rent.
- to be understandable or convincing: The moral of this story doesn't come across.
- [Informal.]to make a particular impression;
comport oneself: She comes across as a very cold person.
- come again, (used as a request to repeat a statement).
- come along:
- to accompany someone, attend as part of a group: He didn't come along on the last trip.
- to proceed, develop, or advance sufficiently or successfully: The new project was coming along quite smoothly.
- to appear;
emerge as a factor or possibility: Even if another job comes along this summer, I won't take it.
- come and go, to occur briefly or suddenly but never for long;
appear and disappear.
- come around or round:
- to recover consciousness;
- to change one's opinion, decision, etc., esp. to agree with another's.
- to visit: Come around more often.
- to cease being angry, hurt, etc.
- come at:
- to arrive at;
- to rush at;
attack: The watchdog came at the intruder.
- come back:
- to return, esp. to one's memory: It all comes back to me now.
- to return to a former position or state.
- to talk back;
retort: to come back with a witty remark.
- come between, to cause to be estranged or antagonized: Love of money came between the brothers.
- come by, to obtain;
acquire: How did he ever come by so much money?
- come down:
- to lose wealth, rank, etc.;
be reduced in circumstances or status.
- to be handed down by tradition or inheritance.
- to be relayed or passed along from a source of higher rank or authority: The general's orders will come down tomorrow.
- to take place;
- [Slang.]to lose one's euphoria, enthusiasm, or esp. the effects of a drug high.
- come down on or upon:
- to voice one's opposition to: She came down on increased spending and promised to cut the budget.
- to reprimand;
scold: He came down on me for getting to work late.
- come down on the side of, to support or favor: I want to come down on the side of truth and justice.
- come down with, to become afflicted with (an illness): Many people came down with the flu this year.
- come forward, to offer one's services;
volunteer: When the president called for volunteers, several members of our group came forward.
- come home, [Naut.]
- (of an anchor) to begin to drag.
- (of an object) to move when hauled upon.
- come in:
- to enter.
- to arrive.
- to come into use or fashion.
- to begin to produce or yield: The oil well finally came in.
- to be among the winners: His horse came in and paid 5 to 1.
- to finish in a race or any competition, as specified: Our bobsled team came in fifth.
- come in for, to receive;
be subjected to: This plan will no doubt come in for a great deal of criticism.
- come into:
- to acquire;
- to inherit: He came into a large fortune at the age of 21.
- come off, [Informal.]
- to happen;
- to reach the end;
acquit oneself: to come off with honors.
- to be given or completed;
result: Her speech came off very well.
- to succeed;
be successful: The end of the novel just doesn't come off.
- come off it, [Informal.]to stop being wrong, foolish, or pretentious;
be truthful or honest: Come off it--we know you're as poor as the rest of us.
- come on:
- Also, come upon. to meet or find unexpectedly.
- to make progress;
- to appear on stage;
make one's entrance.
- to begin;
appear: The last showing will be coming on in a few minutes.
- [Informal.](used chiefly in the imperative) to hurry;
begin: Come on, before it rains!
- [Informal.](as an entreaty or attempt at persuasion) please: Come on, go with us to the movies.
- to try to make an impression or have an effect;
present oneself: She comes on a bit too strong for my taste.
- [Slang.]to make sexual advances: a Lothario who was always coming on with the women at the office.
- come on to, [Slang.]to make sexual advances to.
- come out:
- to be published;
- to become known;
- to make a debut in society, the theater, etc.
- to end;
emerge: The fight came out badly, as both combatants were injured.
- to make more or less public acknowledgment of being homosexual.
- come out for, to endorse or support publicly: The newspaper came out for the reelection of the mayor.
- come out with:
- to speak, esp. to confess or reveal something.
- to make available to the public;
bring out: The publisher is coming out with a revised edition of the textbook.
- come over:
- to happen to;
affect: What's come over him?
- to change sides or positions;
change one's mind: He was initially against the plan, but he's come over now.
- to visit informally: Our neighbors came over last night and we had a good chat.
- come round:
- See come (def. 29).
- (of a sailing vessel) to head toward the wind;
- come through:
- to endure or finish successfully.
- [Informal.]to do as expected or hoped;
succeed: We knew you'd come through for us.
- [Informal.]to experience religious conversion.
- come to:
- to recover consciousness.
- to amount to;
- [Naut.]to take the way off a vessel, as by bringing her head into the wind or anchoring.
- come to pass, to happen;
- come under:
- to fit into a category or classification: This play comes under the heading of social criticism.
- to be the province or responsibility of: This matter comes under the State Department.
- come up:
- to be referred to;
arise: The subject kept coming up in conversation.
- to be presented for action or discussion: The farm bill comes up for consideration next Monday.
- come upon. See come (defs. 25a, 45a).
- come up to:
- to approach;
near: A panhandler came up to us in the street.
- to compare with as to quantity, excellence, etc.;
equal: This piece of work does not come up to your usual standard.
- come up with, to produce;
supply: Can you come up with the right answer?
- come what may, no matter what may happen;
regardless of any opposition, argument, or consequences: Come what may, he will not change his mind.
- where one is coming from, where the source of one's beliefs, attitudes, or feelings lies: It's hard to understand where your friend is coming from when he says such crazy things.
- (vulgar). semen.
Fromfrom (frum, from; unstressed frəm),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to specify a starting point in spatial movement): a train running west from Chicago.
- (used to specify a starting point in an expression of limits): The number of stores will be increased from 25 to 30.
- (used to express removal or separation, as in space, time, or order): two miles from shore; 30 minutes from now; from one page to the next.
- (used to express discrimination or distinction): to be excluded from membership; to differ from one's father.
- (used to indicate source or origin): to come from the Midwest; to take a pencil from one's pocket.
- (used to indicate agent or instrumentality): death from starvation.
- (used to indicate cause or reason): From the evidence, he must be guilty.
The article of Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading Has Come From have 8 images it's including Evidence From ., Sea-floor Spreading On Emaze, Sea Floor Spreading ______ Magnetic, 50 Testing The Plate Tectonics Model Evidence From Ocean Drilling Some Of The Most Convincing Evidence Confirming Seafloor Spreading Has Come ., Sea Floor Spreading Evidence ., Evidence Of Sea-floor Spreading ., 4 SEAFLOOR SPREADING ., Evidence Of Sea-floor Spreading .. Below are the attachments:
Evidence For Sea Floor Spreading Has Come From layout style's color scheme is dominated by the scheme of neutral shades like brown, gray, dark, and white. Utilize these colors for internal aspects for example surfaces, roof, ground, and scheduling a location for a splash of bright hues in components and furniture.
Ground with materials including ceramics wood, pottery tile, and marble successfully entered in the modern class. Offer to collision bedroom visually and concluding fairly such as a rug for yet another feeling of luxury. This trick is for separating involving the living area as well as the family-room which usually seem next-to each other most perfect.
Utilize your imagination for a more innovative process styles and textures to supply an elegance that is striking while in the space. Opportunities have opened for that material used-to perform interiordesign stand out is. The feeling that is thought in modern interior design is outlines that are small and atmosphere " less stuff ".